There was a lot of discussion during the consultation process about the housemate/s role. What qualities should they possess, what would they be doing with Adam, where would their role begin and end? The questions below (along with Values and Adam’s Pattern of Support) were important in ‘seeing’ and understanding how Adam will be living.
So this sub circle explored:
• Imagining the right kind of people.
• Working out how they will be found.
• Roles: clarity as to what sort of support to expect from housemates- what they would be doing with Adam and what they wouldn’t be.
• How they will get to know Adam and Adam to know them.
• Input into drafting a housemate agreement.
• Working out how best to handle nights and weekends.
For more information watch this video: